...to learn about the many benefits of timber frame construction on our RIBA-accredited Open Day Manufacturing Centre Tour, in conjunction with the STA.
JOIN US AT
Falcon House, Curbridge Business Park, Downs Road, Witney, Oxon, OX29 7WJ
Wednesday 14th November 2018
Stewart Milne Timber Systems is the UK’s leading designer and manufacturer of structural timber frame solutions. With over 40 years’ experience, we specialise in offsite construction for a number of sectors including private housing, affordable housing, student accommodation, hotels, medical facilities and education. Our market-leading build systems are precision-engineered and offer guaranteed quality with assured performance. We work closely with architects, engineers and surveyors, to deliver the noticeable benefits of timber frame offsite construction for our clients’ projects.
Timber frame construction offers superb energy efficiency, together with a speedier build time and there is no better way to meet sustainability targets than by using the most natural construction material known to man. That is why it is increasingly being selected as the best building method and approach to delivering a project.
Our manufacturing centre tour is designed to provide a better understanding of why precision-engineered timber frame is at the heart of the fabric first ethos. Timber frame offers a reduction in raw material waste during manufacture, better flexibility in design and improves the whole-life energy efficiency of residential and commercial developments.
The tour will highlight benefits of the design and build process, offsite manufacturing and onsite efficiency, including the environmental credentials, as follows:
• Presentation on Offsite manufacture and the benefits this achieves
• Fire safety during construction presentation
• CAD presentation for timber frame design and material scheduling
• Production planning, information outputs and manufacturing works order process
• Manufacturing facility layout planning and principles
• Procurement through supply chain partners
• Incoming raw materials process
• Material stacking and storage
• Cross-cutting pre-assembly and setting-out assembly, including component labelling
• Work in progress and finished goods storage
• Manufacturing quality checks
• Quality Management Systems
• Waste and recycling
• Loading /shipping product
• Operative training and competency
If you have any queries relating to the Factory Tours, please email Bob Davis, Membership Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org