...to learn about the many benefits of timber frame construction on our RIBA-accredited factory tour.
JOIN US AT
Falcon House, Curbridge Business Park, Downs Road, Witney, Oxon, OX29 7WJ
Wednesday 14th March 2018
Wednesday 14th November 2018
There’s no better way to meet sustainability targets than by using the most natural construction material known to man. Timber frame construction offers superb energy efficiency, plus a speedier build time too. That’s why it’s increasingly being accepted as the way forward.
Ideal as part of your CPD requirements, the factory tour is designed to provide a better understanding of why precision-engineered timber frame is at the heart of the Fabric First ethos. You’ll find out about how its improved air-tightness and superior thermal performance can help achieve the higher Code for Sustainable Homes levels and Passive standard.
Find out how timber frame makes sustainable more easily attainable
The RIBA-accredited CPD factory tour is hosted by the Structural Timber Association, which is dedicated to furthering sustainable construction. Timber frame offers a reduction in raw material waste during manufacture, better flexibility in design and improves the whole-life energy efficiency of residential and commercial developments.
The tour will highlight the benefits of the design and build process, offsite manufacturing and with a focus on the environmental benefits. It will include:
• Health and Safety induction
• Benefits of offsite manufacture presentation
• Office CAD demo - timber frame design and scheduling
• Production information and work orders
• Production planning and outputs
• Factory layout principles
• Incoming raw materials
• Procurement principles and sources
• Cross cutting pre-assembly and setting out Assembly and labelling
• Stacking and storage
• Finished goods and work in progress
• Loading /shipping product
• Quality checks
• Quality Management Systems
• Waste and recycling
• Operative training and competency
• Fire safety presentation