Pre-insulated or open panel solutions
This wall type is ideal for designs where air tightness greater than 3, minimum U-values and thinner wall build ups than Sigma® OP1, are desired.
This system utilises the existing 89mm or 140mm stud options and introduces thermal laminate plasterboard, in combination with a partial fill polyurethane rigid insulation between the studs. U-values ranging from 0.37 – 0.14 can be achieved. Typically this wall solution suits projected 2013 regulations, CSH Level 4, FEES Compliance or Section 7 silver rated homes or walls requiring thinner build ups than Sigma® OP1.
Sigma® OP2 has the following benefits:
- Improved thermal performance, with a range of insulation thicknesses
- Utilises plasterboard layer for air tightness delivery
- Retains 89 or 140mm studs, for manual erection
- Limits wall thickness and maintains existing foundation
- Reduces thermal bridging
- Services accommodated within studwork and space formed in front of the rigid Insulation
- Utilises conventional skills and materials
- Option of factory fitted rigid insulation to achieve UKTFA class B fire protection during construction
- Offers thinner wall build up than Sigma® OP1