Open panel solution
This wall type is ideal for very high performance designs, where air tightness less than 3, very low U-values, separate services cavity, air barrier and thinner wall build up are desired.
This system utilises the existing 89mm or 140mm stud options and introduces a separate rigid insulation overlay, dedicated service zone and conventional plasterboard, in combination with fibre insulation between the studs. U-values ranging from 0.26 – 0.15 can be achieved. Typically this would be specified for CSH Level 5, Section 7 gold rated, advanced FEES compliance or Passive Haus Homes.
Sigma® OP3 has the following benefits:
- Separate air barrier membrane
- Retains 89 or 140mm studs, for manual or crane erection
- Limits wall thickness and maintains existing foundation
- Reduces thermal bridging
- Provides separate services zone, in front of air barrier
- Can be air tested before 1st fix, but after weather tight
- Utilises conventional skills and materials