The Meadows, Thurrock
Located on a former school site, calfordseaden provided architectural and principal designer services to transform this location
Located on a former school site, calfordseaden provided architectural and principal designer services to transform this location into nine modern new dwellings for the executive and/or large family housing market. With the site boasting four different house types, it was key to balance a contemporary style and generous room sizes with a unique feel throughout each.
Features include offsite manufactured timber frame construction, bespoke house design and high specification components, including individual external cladding materials. Sustainable, low carbon materials were utilised alongside these features, together with Knauf Supafil Frame® insulation for a true fabric first approach.
This was the regeneration of an unsecured derelict site of brownfield land. Building on this site led to a reduction of anti-social behaviour, created a sustainable development and gained support from the local residents who were consulted throughout the planning and construction phases. The developers also engaged with the local community by making a charitable contribution towards the North Stifford Village group for their armistice preparations and building concrete bases for new seating around the village war memorial.
The teams worked in partnership, holding regular design team meetings and ultimately successfully delivering their common goal.
- Completed ahead of schedule with early timber frame completion.
- Completed below the approved cost plan.
- Built to quality exceeding expectation.
- Delivered highest health and safety standards.
- Higher than average scores on the Considerate Contractors Scheme site reports.
- Development used as pilot project to inform energy efficiency of future schemes.
- Key driver was to unlock funding for local infrastructure improvements including local road network.
It is a fantastic example of positive regeneration and how new developments can bring communities together
Kind & Co Builders