Barratt Lavender Grange, Lower Stondon
Building ahead of schedule to create a community
Lavender Grange is in the village of Lower Stondon in Bedfordshire.
A development of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes surrounded by idyllic countryside, it is within easy reach of everyday amenities in the village and only 10 minutes’ drive from Hitchin town centre.
Many of the homes benefit from plenty of flexible space and home offices to ensure that the space can be adapted to suit the homeowners’ needs.
Lavender Grange is close to several Ofsted-rated ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ schools. At the heart of the development there is a fully equipped park and there are more than nine acres of open space for the whole family to enjoy.
Being recognised as a ‘Built For Life’ development means that important design elements such as adequate car parking and safe street design have been included and checked through planning. There are electric vehicle charging points to 87% of homes on the development and to some of the visitor bays.
Stewart Milne Timber Systems worked with Barratt Homes North Thames to create and deliver adaptable homes as part of our design service. As requested we used our Alpha open panel system and followed up the design with manufacturing and site build of 144 homes and achieved a U-value of 0.25.
- Site build ahead of schedule.
- Fascia and Soffits fitted to enable roofer to access roof sooner to achieve watertight stage faster.
- Roof erected at ground level for greater safety and speed.
- Floor cassettes factory built for greater quality, safety and speed of build completion.
- Speed of build enabled the client to satisfy demand and realise capital return faster.
- 144 units: 2, 3 and 4 Bedroom houses
- Creating adaptable homes at a speed to satisfy demand
- 140mm open panel Alpha system
- Floor type 235mm Cassettes
- Trussed roofs
- U-value 0.25
- Service: design, manufacture and erect
- Project start 18th April 2019